Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hematologist

I've been kind of hinting around on some of my recent posts about something going wrong medically.  It is not completely thyroid related, or at least I don't think so.  My blood work has been coming back odd.  My white blood count is low. My platelets and neutrophils are also low and my lymph is high.  The blood work was not alarming at first because I believe the doctors simply thought I must have been fighting some type of infection.  An alarm went off when I continued to have issues with fatigue even after I was supposedly cured of my thyroid ailments.  About 18 months ago, my doctor ordered a test to see exactly what was going on with my blood and found that I had more young red blood cells.  I don't know all the details, but she said that she thought I could have ITP and suggest I see a hematologist.  At that time, I didn't want to.  I was very worried about my thyroid situation and honestly didn't want another issue on my plate.  Now that my thyroid is removed and I still have moments of exhaustion the blood was looked at more closely and I finally agreed to see a hematologist.

I went to see the hematologist last week and the appointment went well.  I was extremely worried because my labs definitely show that there is a problem.  The doctor was quite nice and she told me that she thought there was an issue, but that it was not an emergency.  She ordered a ton of tests and I have to have an ultrasound to check if my spleen or liver are enlarged.  I go back to see her in about a month and at that time she will decide if I need to have a bone marrow biopsy.  I asked her what might be wrong with me and she said that it could be a number of things and until we did the testing, she really couldn't say.  I left the appointment feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders until I woke up the next morning realizing that I really had not received any answers.

Hopefully, everything works itself out.

Breathe and Listen

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great post! - This provides good insight.You might also be interested to know more about generating more leads and getting the right intelligence to engage prospects.E-Health Care Listsimplements new lead gen ideas and strategies for generating more leads and targeting the right leads and accounts.E-Health Care Lists is one of the global suppliers of healthcare mailing list & email list. Marketing to the healthcare industry, reaching the doctors and other healthcare decision makers is often an impossible task.Hematologist Mailing list & Email list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post. There is no hard and fast rule that a person will have heart problems whether he/she is a vegan
    or a non-vegan. Anyone can get heart problem. Whatever you eat, you need to do regular exercises to keep fit.
    Please find our link. If you may be interested, please refer to
    Cordiologist Mailing list & Email list

    ReplyDelete