Saturday, July 13, 2013

Whole 30 (Day 11 and 12)

I've been having a few rough days.  The diet is fine, but I am a stimulant junkie.  I need sugar.  I use to run everyday.  I use to workout almost 4 days a week.  I use to be extremely active.  I did those things because I loved the release of endorphins.  I can't do those things anymore.  The lack of a thyroid greatly impacts what I use my energy for and I have osteoarthritis, a bone spur, and labral tear in my right hip so it is pretty painful to do the workouts I use to. I have just taken to practicing yoga, but it doesn't give you the same high as a good long run, so I think I've been using SUGAR as my stimulant.  I'm not a coffee drinker either, but this diet is showing me that my body and brain are addicted to sweets.  Because I consider myself paleoish/primal, I haven't had full fledged sugar in almost 2 years now, but I would typically go through 2lbs of honey and maple syrup in a month.  I now know by how my body is responding to this diet that I am overdoing it.  My body is not happy nor is my mind with eliminating the stimulant I have been using.

Depression stopped by for a visit and then angry popped in too.  I imagine this is how a junkie must feel when trying to kick their drug habit, but I guess a bit more extreme.  Now, for what I ate. 

Day 11:

Breakfast - 3 eggs, avocado and tomato
Lunch - Cabbage tacos (took a picture, but it doesn't look all that appetizing)
Dinner - Lamb with broccoli and cauliflower

Day 12:

Breakfast - paleo cereal with bananas and strawberries
Lunch - Cabbage and lamb
Dinner - Oops, I don't think I ate dinner

Of course I can't walk around all depressed and angry because I want a spoonful of honey, so I added a new snack into my rotation called dates.  Now, dates are super sweet, but I can't overeat them.  They are just that sweet and that filing, but they are getting me over my hump.  I also realized that I haven't been keeping up with my Vitamin D and I think that may have something to do with my mood.  No pictures today, but I'm going to be out and about celebrating my son's birthday this weekend, so I more than likely will have some yummy food to photograph. 

I feel like I'm almost all the way hypo again, so wish me luck this weekend guys.  I'm trying to keep my head above water.

Breathe and Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment