Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Whole 30 (Day 13, 14, and 15)

The clouds have officially lifted...

I'm not sure what kind of space I was in the past 4 days, but I don't want to go there anymore.  I was consumed by this dark cloud and to say I was irritable would be an  understatement.  Not only was I just downright mean, but I was also very sad.  The question is, what made me feel this way?

It did not dawn on me that my body could be going through some type of detox because of the Whole 30.  I generally eat well, so the idea that somehow eliminating honey from my diet would send me into a depression never crossed my mind.  I believe that I was going through withdrawals and I am seriously thinking about what I am going to do when the Whole 30 is complete.  If honey is affecting my moods to that degree, then I may have a bit of a problem.  I also must admit that I have not been taking my Vitamin D like I should, which may have contributed to everything as well. 

I will not discuss what I have eaten for the past 3 days because I only remember what I ate today (thyroid brain).  I am happy to write that I have not cheated, which is awesome considering the state of mind I was in the past few days. So, today I ate a banana for breakfast.  I ate mango slices, nuts, dates, and 2 large glasses of water for a snack, which turned into my lunch because I absolutely had no more room left in my stomach to eat.  For dinner, I had lamb, cabbage, and sweet potato.  I am so much more satisfied on this diet than I thought I would be. I guess I'm over the hump and also at the halfway mark.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Breathe and Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment